- Be extra careful with the delicate skin of your face.
- It’s easy to over-exfoliate. Talk to a good aesthetician about the product and frequency that’s best for your skin. Be especially cautious if you have sensitive or aging skin.
- Don’t over-exfoliate, especially in summer or in very sunny climates. You’re making it easier for your skin to be damaged by the sun.
- Never use body scrubs on the face. They’re too rough.
- Be very careful with peels. Don’t get one peel and then go somewhere else to ask for another. You can remove too much of your protective layer and end up exposing the living dermis. Again, be careful about going out in the sun afterwards, or doing it in summer.
- Never wax if you’ve had a peel recently. It might expose raw, living skin, which will have to scab over to heal.
- You can use a body scrub once or twice a week with no problem.
- Body brushing every morning is a gentle way to exfoliate — and wake up!